Copyright and Licensing
Interdisciplinary Journal of Rural and Community Studies is an open journal and provides immediate open access to its published contents. The copyrights of articles are retained by authors. Articles published are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives licence which permits non-commercial re-use (download, read, print, search, copy, distribute the link, etc) of an open-access article, as long as the original author and source are properly attributed, and provided the article is not modified or altered. The authors grant the publisher (ERRCDF) permission and license to apply a DOI to their articles and to archive them in databases and indexes such as DOAJ, SABINET, J-Gate, Scopus, EBSCO, ERIC, among others. The authors also grant the Journal/Publisher permission to publish the articles and be recognised as the original and the first publisher. Authors also grant any other third-party users the right to non-commercially use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are acknowledged without prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Open Access and Author Self-Archiving Policy
Interdisciplinary Journal of Rural and Community Studies adopted OPEN ACCESS which provides immediate open access to readers and other users, to all published articles by the Journal/publisher on our website. This means that the readers and other users pay nothing. In accordance with the BOAI definition of open access, users are freely allowed to download, copy, read, print, distribute, link to the texts or use them for other lawful purposes. However, the authors, their instructions or funders pay Article Processing Charge for life maintenance of the articles.
Interdisciplinary Journal of Rural and Community Studies permits and encourages authors to post items submitted to the journal on personal websites, institutional repositories, social-networking sites, ResearchGate, Academia.edu, among others, both prior to and after publication while providing bibliographic details that credit, if applicable, its publication in this journal.
Deposit Policy/Archiving Policy
For the purpose of preservation and restoration, this journal uses SA ePublications (SABINET), PKP Preservation Network, LOCKSS (under process) systems to ensure a secure and permanent archive among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent journal archives. Both pre-published and post-published or publisher's version/PDF can be archived, without restrictions.
Submission of an article is an indication that:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where applicable, URLs or DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.15 spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- By making a submission, the authors have agreed to pay the Article Processing Charges (APC) which is currently $0 if the article is accepted. This is subject to review from time to time.
- Authors are responsible for updating the archived preprint with the journal reference (including DOI) and a link to the published articles upon publication
- That authors have complied with the Plagiarism policy mentioned in the author guidelines. IJRCS and ERRCDF do not tolerate plagiarism of all kinds, including self-plagiarism. Authors are responsible to ensure that the similarity index of their articles is less than ten per cent. Otherwise, articles are rejected on this basis.